Copy of – Wildlife Copy of –

The Animal Services Department of the Cambridge & District Humane Society is contracted by the City of Cambridge and Puslinch Township to provide aid to sick and injured wildlife in need.

Wildlife Service Areas

Service Area Nuisance Sick/Injured Deceased
City of Cambridge
Twp. of Puslinch

If you have found wildlife outside of our contracted areas, please contact your local Animal Control or Humane Society for assistance. Due to lack of resources the CDHS is unable to accept animals from outside of our service areas.

Reporting Sick / Injured Wildlife

If you have found sick/injured wildlife please contact Animal Services at 519-623-7722 and follow the prompts. A CDHS Team Member will gather information and provide you with assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are encouraged to leave a message.

If the animal requires on site assessment, the CDHS Team member will confer with licensed wildlife rehabilitators for the best course of action. If the wildlife is a candidate for rehabilitation the CDHS Team Member will coordinate with volunteer drivers for transport.

We are partnered with numerous Wildlife Rehabilitators and strive for the best outcome when dealing with sick/injured wildlife. If you have questions pertaining to wildlife and prefer to speak with a Rehabilitator authorized by the Ministry of Natural Resources please click here

In the unfortunate circumstance the wildlife is not a viable candidate for rehabilitation due to inability to recover from illness, injury or there is no licensed rehabilitator available, the animal will be humanely euthanized.

Call Animal Services To Report Sick/Injured Wildlife

Nuisance Wildlife

If you are experiencing issues with nuisance wildlife such as birds, skunks, raccoons, squirrels, bats or mice, please contact Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control for humane and effective solutions.

Contact Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control