Foster Parents Wanted
The goal of the Foster Program is to give every animal possible a second chance at a new beginning. By becoming a foster parent you are enriching the lives of animals in our care and improving their overall quality of life.
Examples of Animals Benefiting From Foster Care:
- Orphaned or too young to be adopted yet
- Pregnant and/or nursing
- Suffering from behavioral issues
- Requiring socialization and extra care
- Recovering from a medical procedure
- Receiving treatment for a medical issue
- Respite for long term residents
- Owned animal, where an owner is temporarily unable to provide care
Foster parents can also provide temporary homes for animals during a crisis or emergency situation including; fire, flood, staff illness, overcrowding, pandemic and more.
The Key Requirements For Becoming An Animal Foster Parent
You must meet all of the following criteria in order to join our new Foster Program:
- 18 years of age, or older
- Have a separate isolation area and reliable transportation.
- Have time to care for foster animals
- Ensure your own pets are spayed/neutered.
- Ensure your own pets are up to date with vaccinations. Please be prepared to provide proof during this application.
- Attend an orientation session. (waived during COVID-19)
- Abide by the confidentiality & foster agreement.
Signed upon acceptance into the foster program.
- If you rent please be prepared to attach a signed letter from your landlord. PDF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG file formats are accepted.