Important Notes For Compassion Fund Applicants
Due to limited funding, not all qualifying applicants will be awarded assistance. The program offers a max amount of up to $1500.00, which will be given one time for the lifetime of your pet. All care must be approved by CDHS in advance. We cannot approve care on the spot once you are already at a clinic.
Applications For Assistance Will Be Considered If:
- Your pet needs emergency veterinary care
- Your pet has already been seen by a licensed veterinarian
- The veterinarian has determined your pet has a good prognosis with treatment
- The veterinarian has determined your pet is in need of immediate euthanasia
- You can provide us reason for financial need
- Compassion Funds are available for allocation
- The treatment plan has not yet been paid as we do not reimburse for any payments already made.
Submitting an application does not guarantee approval.