Volunteer Dog Walker Application Form
We are currently only looking for volunteers during these hours:
Monday – Saturday Morning Dog Walking 9:15am-11:30am Afternoon Dog Walking 2:00pm-3:30pm
Volunteer Dog Walkers Are Needed!
Dog walking is so important to the health and wellbeing of shelter dogs, and we appreciate you volunteering your time to take on this task.
The goal of this program is to provide comfort, exercise, socialization, and companionship to the shelter dogs at the Cambridge & District Humane Society while they wait for their fur-ever homes.
The following are requirements of being a Volunteer Dog Walker at the Cambridge & District Humane Society.
Note: Meeting these requirements does not guarantee you a position as a dog walker.
- Must be 18+ (due to insurance liability, those under 18 are not accepted as dog walkers, even if accompanied by someone over the age of 18)
- Must attend a volunteer orientation and training session
- Must commit to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be able to volunteer for 2 shifts a month
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be in good physical health and able to walk outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be able to provide a negative police check within the last 6 months
- Must have a working cellphone
- Must adhere to all Cambridge & District Humane Society policies and training procedures